What is a PDO Threadlift?
A PDO threadlift is a minimally invasive cosmetic procedure that uses dissolvable sutures to lift and rejuvenate the skin. The threads are made of polydioxanone (PDO), a biocompatible material that is naturally absorbed by the body over time.
PDO threadlifts are a popular alternative to traditional facelift surgery because they offer a number of advantages, including:
- Less downtime: PDO threadlifts can be performed in a doctor’s office under local anesthesia, so there is no need for hospitalization. Most people are able to return to work and their normal activities the same day.
- Natural-looking results: PDO threads are designed to lift the skin in a gradual and natural way. The results are not as dramatic as those of a facelift, but they can still be very effective in improving the appearance of sagging skin.
- Long-lasting results: PDO threads stimulate the production of collagen, which helps to keep the skin looking lifted and firm for months or even years after the procedure.
How does a PDO threadlift work?
The PDO threads are inserted into the skin using a needle or cannula. The threads are then anchored to the underlying tissue, which helps to lift and support the skin. The threads are designed to dissolve over time, but they continue to stimulate collagen production for months or even years after the procedure.
Who is a good candidate for a PDO threadlift?
PDO threadlifts are a good option for people who are looking for a non-surgical way to improve the appearance of sagging skin. They are also a good option for people who are not interested in undergoing traditional facelift surgery.
What are the risks of a PDO threadlift?
The risks of PDO threadlifts are relatively minor. Some of the most common side effects include:
- Swelling: Swelling is common after a PDO threadlift, but it usually goes away within a few days.
- Bruising: Bruising is also common after a PDO threadlift, but it usually goes away within a week or two.
- Pain: Pain is usually mild and can be managed with over-the-counter pain medication.
What are the results of a PDO threadlift?
The results of a PDO thread lift are usually visible immediately after the procedure. The skin will appear lifted and more youthful. The results will continue to improve over time as the collagen production is stimulated.