Monday, April 30, 2012: Celebrity Plastic Surgeon Dr. Franklin Rose Today on Anderson – Dr. Rose’s Top 5 Tips If You’re Considering Plastic Surgery & Women who have had Plastic Surgery to look like their favorite Celebrity
Dr. Rose’s Top 5 Tips If You’re Considering Plastic Surgery
On today’s show, Anderson and Monday Co-Host Kristen Johnston met women who have undergone plastic surgery to look like celebrities. What did you think of the extremes these women have gone to in order to look like celebrities Jennifer Lopez and Carmen Electra?
Have you considered cosmetic surgery?
Dr. Franklin Rose of Utopia Plastic Surgery and MedSpa is a board certified plastic surgeon serving the greater Houston area. As a nationally recognized cosmetic surgeon, Dr. Rose takes pride in providing the best in patient care and safety. Below, Dr. Rose provides his top five tips for those considering plastic surgery…
- Chose a Well-Experienced Surgeon Make sure your surgeon is board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Houston Plastic Surgeon Dr. Franklin Rose says there are many kinds of doctors, and everyone wants to get into the field of cosmetic medicine, so it’s important you are using an actual plastic surgeon, someone board certified. It’s very important that patients are cautious about who they chose. The media sometimes tends to trivialize plastic and cosmetic surgery — it’s not like getting your hair done. All procedures are very serious and patients need to place themselves in the hands of a well-skilled plastic surgeon. Only plastic surgeons are truly trained to understand the human anatomy.
- Select an Accredited Surgery Center Make sure the procedure is performed at a major hospital or fully certified out-patient surgery center. There are certain surgeons who cannot get proper credentials. This is why there are dermatologists that attempt to do breast augmentation within their own office. It is imperative to find a well respected and well-known center for the procedure.
- Have a Good Referral There’s a lot of marketing for plastic surgery but it’s important not to trust an ad in a magazine or newspaper. Find a good referral. Talk to family, friends and check with your family doctor. It’s important to have a strong referral source. Never select a plastic surgeon based on a pretty website. Do not let marketing sway your decision.
- Make Sure Surgeon is Part of a Peer Reviewed Society It’s important your surgeon is part of a peer-reviewed society, like the American Society of Plastic Surgeons or New York Medical Society. These doctors have a good referral network and American Society of Plastic Surgeons- the largest group of board certified surgeons. They have a good referral network and encourage high standards of training, ethics, physician practice and research.
- Good Bedside Manner Make sure you like the bedside manner of your surgeon. This is important because your selected surgeon is responsible for your surgery but also caring for you during the entire post-operative period. If you have any doubt about your surgeon’s honesty or ethics, don’t proceed with the procedure. Dr. Franklin Rose says patients are bright and get a good sense immediately if a surgeon is right for them.If you have reservations about his or her character or ethical integrity, says Dr. Rose, request a second or third consultation before proceeding with surgery. Don’t proceed if you have personal reservations based on a first consultation.
Anderson Cooper and Kristen Johnston are mesmerized by women undergoing plastic surgery to look like celebrities. Do these women have an unrealistic expectation of beauty for wanting to look like Jennifer Lopez and Carmen Electra, and will they ever stop having procedures?
Brandi joined the show today to discuss the many plastic surgery procedures she went through in order to look more like Carmen Electra. Brandi originally had breast augmentation, rhinoplasty (nose job) and body contouring liposuction performed by Houston Plastic Surgeon Dr. Franklin Rose in Houston, Texas on MTV’s Reality TV show ‘I Want a Famous Face.’
When Anderson asked why she wants to look like someone else, Brandi replied, “Let’s put it to you this way Carmen Electra was my idol. Look at her, she’s beautiful.”
Ana, who sat next to Brandi, said she was inspired by Jennifer Lopez’s rear end, and had a lipo-sculpture procedure done. She had the fat from her waist transferred to her bottom, and said she did it because she was getting older and no matter how much she exercised, was not losing any more weight.
She said, “I do still have my Latin curves, to which I’m very proud of.”
Would you consider surgery to look like a someone famous?